After coming across the most beautiful fresh mushroom bouquet at the Marrickville Organic Markets we decided risotto was on the menu!
Our mushrooms included portobello, oyster, king oyster, shiitake, lions mane, wood ear and enoki mushrooms.
Serves 4-5 (vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, gluten free)
2 cups Arborio Rice
1.5L Stock or Broth (I use San Elk)
2 teaspoons Porcini Powder or Dried Porcini Mushrooms
2 heaped teaspoon White Miso Paste
S & P
Mixed mushrooms (as many as you like!)
Fresh herbs (we used oregano, parsley, thyme)
Greens with Lemon and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- clean and slice the leek (I always use the white and any tender green parts)
-sauté the leek in olive oil until softened but not brown|
- add rice and sauté for a couple of minutes, stirring, until rice appears translucent
- warm the liquid stock or broth on the stove in a separate pot, and add 1-2 ladles at a time to the rice and leek
- keep the rice on a low to medium heat, stirring frequently
- add porcini
- when almost all the liquid has absorbed, add another 1-2 ladles, repeat until all the stock/broth has been used
- add the miso to the risotto, taste and season, stir and set aside
- sauté mixed mushrooms with minced garlic and olive oil until juicy, stir through fresh herbs (you can then either mix these mushrooms in the risotto or serve on top like we have)
- steam greens and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and big squeeze of lemon
- finish with freshly grated parmesan if you like!